Family pic

Family pic

Saturday, April 22, 2017

About me and this blog

Hi everybody, my name is Jared Pierce. I'm a proud member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, born in Los Angeles, California, raised in Phoenix, Arizona having moved there when I was a kid. I'm currently studying at Brigham Young University in Idaho with a major of Marriage and Family studies. My goal is to one day be a family counselor and an advocate to the family. I'm really passionate about the family because that is one of the huge purposes of our existence and a really important part of our society. I was raised by a single mom who did such a phenomenal job as a parent, not because I turned out great or anything, but because she is just an amazing woman. I also have a few best friends I grew up with whom I call my brothers and I in a way have been "adopted" into their families and have spent plenty of time around them. I've even had the opportunity to live and reside in their homes for long periods of time and because of that I had the opportunity to see different types of family environments and cultures. I'm blessed to have them all in my life.

I'm a first time blogger and I'm really excited for the opportunity to do this for one of the classes I'm enrolled in which is called Family Relations. I know that every single one of us out there has family in common and for most of us, if not all, family is extremely important and close to our hearts. So my main purpose in this blog is to cover the things I'll be learning, to share experiences I've had and will have, and to hopefully help and inspire those who choose to be a part of this blogging experience to strengthen not just their own family, but families around them and in our society. Feel free to leave any comments, share your own experiences and thank you all in advance.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog!! Can't wait to hear your stories and maybe read some poems!! Love you!! Your other Mom

    ReplyDelete

The Effects of Divorce